Restaurant Manager Resume
A restaurant is a place where people come to eat so it is very clear to understand about the duties of a restaurant manager. Usually people assume a wrong idea about the management of a restaurant that it’s quite easy and totally different as compared to manage a business either small or big. But there is not much difference between managing a business firm or a restaurant because the main idea is to develop working of both and increasing the growth. This describes that a restaurant manager has a lot of responsibilities and areas to look after including managing the working, assuring the enjoyment of costumers, developing a suitable environment for everyone and last but certainly not the least, keeping the quality of food on the highest level. Usually a restaurant has only one manager but it varies according to the situation like a small restaurant can work smoothly under supervision of a single manager but a bigger one would need more people for different departments.
The hiring committee will look for the person who has education and experience in the related fields so if you don’t apply if you are not eligible because it’s only a waste of time. You need to have a professional degree like management in hotel business or restaurant management but if you have a lot of experience in related fields, probably you won’t need to provide your education career. Also it’s important to discuss that you will be applying for a management job but you will look more interesting if you have a degree in cooking or fast food. Management is the same everywhere with just a few amendments so if you have worked at a job which is not related to cooking, at least try before having second thoughts because if you have special abilities of supervision, there are chances that your employer won’t think about your past jobs.
How much do you love to eat in a restaurant or how many family members you have which always try to avoid cooking at home and want to go out to eat in a restaurant? You will be amazed to find out that mostly people love to eat in a restaurant of eating homemade dishes so there are more than enough chances in this career. If you have got a specialized degree in restaurant or hotel management, you will have better chances in this career. Same like other management jobs, this career also offers you a very good salary package and extra bonuses for achieving target sale.
Sample Restaurant Manager Resume:
Here is preview of this sample Restaurant Manager Resume created using MS Word,
Key elements to include in a restaurant manager resume:
- Just introduce yourself in the resume and don’t give too much information. A lot of applicants apply for job in this career and your employer won’t have much time to read each and everything so make it simple and short.
- Talk about your achievements not duties in order to catch the eye on your recruiters because if they don’t find anything interesting in your resume, they will move on.
- The main reason of sending the resume is to get you an interview so only include the things that are pretty important and related to the career.
- If you have worked in a restaurant either as a manager or some other worker, mention it in the resume and if you have any letter of recommendation, send it too.
- If you know how to cook or have specialized education in some food or cuisine, add it in the resume and it will make you look more interesting.
There are also some things not to add in a resume like:
- Don’t add personal information like social security number or bank accounts details. They are not going to read all that information so stick to the important things only.
- Create a different kind of resume and avoid sending out the same one for every job.
- Don’t make a resume of more than one page unless you have a lot of past experience and everything is important to discuss.
- Don’t discuss any kind of ideas in your resume. Instead leave them to discuss during the interview and it will help you to convince your employer that you are the perfect match for the job.
Here is download link for this Restaurant Manager Resume,